Thursday, September 26, 2013

LD's and AT - the difference it can make for students



Been reading and researching different tools available for students with LD's.  Every student should have access to the tools that make learning easier, less effortful, motivating and having students want to learn because its fun too.  Saw this picture and it captured how one of the students I have been working with was feeling after attempting a writing activity and could not complete it because of the time it would take him to not only physically manipulate a pencil, let alone the time it took for the information to get from his brain to his hand to the paper.  It resulted in frustration, tears, and then non-compliance.  The computer offers much, but mobile devices are the way to go with students of all ages, especially students who are struggling for whatever reasons. 

3 comments:

  1. Haha....this looks like I looked after class last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am struggling with the blog site! Been watching tutorials and still having trouble accessing classmates blog sites.... what am I doing wrong??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok.... so I think I figured this out! I have added all URLs from classmates into my reading list. Hope I did this correctly. was I supposed to do this publically or privately?

    ReplyDelete